- Date and Time To-Be-Announced
- Town Hall
11408 Municipal Center Dr.
Agenda & Minutes Center
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Agenda and Minutes Center
Members:Tree Board members are appointed by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. Appointments are for a one-year term and members may be re-appointed by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen for successive terms.
The Town of Farragut is currently accepting applications for the Town of Farragut Tree Board. Click Here or visit www.townoffarragut.org/treeboardapplication to apply online. For questions about the Tree Board, please email Mark Shipley.
The duties of the Tree Board shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Adopt administrative rules and regulations that apply to the Tree Board.
- Assist staff, when needed, to help administer the provisions of Ordinance 22-02: Public Tree Care Ordinance, including providing input on selection, placement, installation, and maintenance of trees proposed or envisioned on public property (particularly in relation to road improvement, park, and streetscaping plans or projects).
- Assist with recognizing Arbor Day.
- Coordinate recognition of individuals, projects, donations, etc., that have notably contributed to the provision or maintenance of trees on public property.
- Assist in developing and updating the Town’s Street Tree list.
- Provide input on ordinance amendments that may relate to or affect trees on public property.
- Consult with arborists, foresters, and others with specific expertise in the subject area when performing their duties and responsibilities. Any compensation or contracts for services performed by such experts or professionals shall be approved by the appropriate Town authority.